http://www.facebook.com/pages/4-the-People/136842283082924

Monday 20 June 2011

John Abraham talks about life after Bipasha Basu


John Abraham talks about life after Bipasha Basu




THE past year has been tough on John Abraham. From his dad’s severe illness and an all-time career low to a break-up with girlfriend Bipasha Basu, John has seen it all. He is single today. In this PT exclusive, he breaks his silence, choosing to speak about his parents and also his split with Bips (for the first time). However, instead of a routine interview, John insisted on chronicling what he went through in his own words:
“When I look back on my life, it’s not the fame that stands out, it’s the people I’ve met along the way and the nurturing relationships I’ve had that steal the spotlight. Growing up, I didn’t have wealthy parents with powerful connections. But what I did have was a stable, loving home.
And then, stardom happened. The sensitive, football-loving young man suddenly became a phenomenon that even he couldn’t fathom. “Relationships with my childhood friends and family became even more valuable because they kept me grounded in a new world where money flowed and strangers came up to me to tell me that they loved me.”
“The film industry transformed my looks — the skinny, aspiring model morphed into what others perceived as a ‘muscular hunk,’ but it didn’t change my heart or my character.
While I’m not the type to talk publicly about private matters, I will share a bit about what I’ve gone through the past year. Last year, my dad was diagnosed with cancer. While I smiled for the cameras and attended industry events, inside I was wracked by anxiety and concern for my family’s wellbeing. In the past, when I experienced personal betrayals and career setbacks, I s o m e h ow still felt in control. I felt I could overcome the challenges even if it p a i n e d me to g o through them. But this was entirely different.
I didn’t know if I could be strong enough for everyone. There were few whom I allowed to see that vulnerable side. While, the strong, disciplined John Abraham you know is real, its only one side of me. The other side is one who, like you, wants their loved ones to be safe and above all values stability.
My past relationship (with Bipasha Basu) was beautiful and challenging and everything that a relationship with someone for several years is going to be. But people change, interests differ, and things evolve. There is a time for everything in life, and while I value the time that I spent with her, it was also time to move on and for each of us to take our own separate road.
Regardless of what the world speculates about me, I am determined to overcome any challenges in front of me. I’ve always believed that all of us have a choice with how we respond to obstacles in our lives. We can be cowards and shrink from problems and pain or we can confront challenges with the determination to move forward in a positive and better frame of mind. I am excited to see where my life takes me, not only in my professional career, but also in my personal life.
For me, what’s most important at this point in time is to be me… John
Abraham.”

No comments:

Post a Comment