http://www.facebook.com/pages/4-the-People/136842283082924

Saturday 4 June 2011

Delhi’s Deepika Is Ekta’s Ragini



Delhi’s Deepika Is Ekta’s Ragini

Here’s the real life story which inspired Kapoor’s sensuous paranormal thriller all set to release on Friday the thirteenth


She tried to hide it, but we managed to pull the cat out of the bag. Ekta Kapoor’s forthcoming paranormal thriller Ragini MMS, which is already making news with the ‘A’ certificate and unrestrained sexual scenes, is based on 22-year-old Delhi girl Deepika.

Talking to Mumbai Mirror last evening, Deepika however decided to keep certain things about her a secret still. “I don’t wish to reveal my surname. You can understand why. But yes, Ragini MMS is inspired by what happened to me one night when I went out with my boyfriend. I was 19 then,” revealed the girl.
Ekta’s Ragini MMS  encapsulates the real life experience of Deepika (above)
Like in Ekta Kapoor’s forthcoming film, Deepika and her boyfriend (name withheld by request) had gone out for a weekend to a house in the outskirts of Delhi.

“The area was very dark. Somehow, I got a lot of negative vibes when I entered that place. But then when you are with a person you trust, you know how it is.

I did not pay any attention. But I was very uncomfortable throughout the night. All along, I felt somebody was watching us,” said she.

After a night in each other’s arms, Deepika was shocked to see the laptop they carried switched on. Her boyfriend had recorded the entire passionate interlude.

So why go with him in the first place? “I was with him for five months already. I guess we wanted to take the relationship to the next level. He suggested we go to this place his friend owned. It was our first night out.”

The effect of this shocking experience remained with Deepika for almost a year after that. The girl who believes in ghosts, went on to add, “Agar kuch dikh nahi raha tha toh wahaan zaroor koi paranormal activity ho rahi thi. I felt that that the place where we went was very eerie.”

No more with the guy she went on this shocking night out with, Deepika quipped, “In fact, I never met him after that incident.”

While Deepika was recovering from this shocking episode in Delhi, Ekta Kapoor was toying with the idea of making a film on the MMS scandals in Mumbai. And that’s exactly when Deepika’s friend who works in the creative department in Balaji asked Ekta if she’d like to meet a girl who had gone through a real life MMS incident.

Grabbing the offer, Ekta met Deepika and incorporated her life story in Ragini MMS. “First I shared everything with my friend in Balaji, then I also spoke to Ekta,” confirmed Deepika, who later even signed a contract with Balaji.

Deepika who is currently in Mumbai wants to see the final film. “I don’t know why Ekta is not showing it to me. I am very stressed,” added the girl.

“Deepika’s concern is justified. We’ll show her the film. But the release date is still a good eight days away. So, perhaps sometime next week,” said a source from the production house.

The MMS, which led to a traumatic year in Deepika’s life, however is not on the internet. A source from Balaji confirmed, “We guess she convinced her boyfriend never to do that, and he too understood her perspective.”

Meanwhile…

A FEW hoardings of Ragini MMS were pulled down in the city yesterday on charges of vulgarity.

A big hoarding was pulled down near the domestic airport. Chaudhary, who was in charge of putting up the hoarding, said, “The airport authorities asked us to remove the hoarding because it was cheap.”

Hours later a few residents from a colony ripped off another display near Andheri station. “They said it was too vulgar to be put up in a residential area,” revealed a source. This has left Balaji very angry. An official from the production house demanded, “This is an absolute mockery of democracy. Do we not have freedom of expression here?”



No comments:

Post a Comment